In 2017 Gruveo Calls were blocked in the United Arab Emirates. Users cannot connect neither via the apps nor from the website. The point is that, the Gruveo calls was blocked by both of the ISPs (DU and Etisalat) in the UAE. How to Unblock Gruveo in the UAE?
How to Unblock Gruveo in UAE
To use Gruveo Calls in UAE you need:
- Get VPN account Data
- Create VPN connection on your mobile device
- Stay in touch with your family using Gruveo in UAE.
Where I can get VPN data?
There are many vpn providers today.
We selected only the most reliable VPN is the Middle East:
How to Unblock Gruveo on Android
To use Gruveo on your Android device you need to setup VPN on Android, connect to VPN then use Gruveo.
Below you can find Sahrzad VPN setup guide for Android devices.
To make a new vpn connection on your device with Android OS you need to follow the next instructions.
To create new vpn tunnel
- Click Settings icon
2. Select Wireless & Networks and tap on VPN
3.Tap Add VPN Network
4. Input connection name (Sahrzad VPN), select the type of your VPN connection – PPTP VPN, input VPN server address from your account data.
Please be carefully – don’t use any additional symbols like spaces, http://, www, / …etc in the server address.
5. Input your Username and password that you received from VPN account service in e-mail.
Save it and tap Connect
For connection to vpn server:
- Select Home > Menu > Settings
- Tap Wireless & networks
- Tap VPN settings
- The VPN connections you have added are present in the list
- Tap the VPN you wish to connect to (Sahrzad VPN)
- A dialog box will open asking for your credentials, enter them and click connect
When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device. If you are disconnected, you will receive a notification and an option to go back to the VPN settings section.
Once you have created vpn connection you can switch it on and off on the main settings screen.
How to Unblock Gruveo on iOS (iPhone, iPAd, iPad Mini)
To use Gruveo on your iOS device you need to setup VPN on iOS device, connect to VPN then use Gruveo.
To make a new vpn connection in your iOS device you need to do the next:
1. Go to Settings > General > VPN
2. Click Add VPN Configuration
3. Choose PPTP VPN and enter you VPN account data. You will receive your VPN server, username and password in the e-mail
Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
4. Save your VPN configuration. Once you have created VPN connection you can switch it ON and OFF on the main settings screen
To use VPN on your mobile gadget you do not need any additional application.
You can setup vpn in a few seconds using Android or iOS system features.
We do not recommend using third party applications because this is not completely secure.
How can you be sure that these applications are not spying on your mobile device?
This blocking of Gruveo services is a natural consequence of VOIP services blocking. WhatsApp, Viber, Snapchat and other popular apps with VoIP functionality are blocked in the UAE. It was clear from the start that this would happen to Gruveo.
Based on the current situation, Gruveo app was pulled from the App Store and Google Play in the UAE.
What Gruveo says:
We are sorry for any inconvenience this blocking might have caused you. We are sad to say goodbye to all our UAE users and hope to welcome them back in the future if the block is ever be lifted. Until then, we will keep working on awesome new features for Gruveo, and providing the World’s Easiest Video and Voice Calls to the rest of the world.